Social visit guidelines for families and friends
Visiting inside The Views
- Visitors will be screened upon arrival and must:
- have a recent negative Covid-19 rapid test
- provide proof of vaccination
- wash hands frequently and properly
- use respiratory etiquette
- physically distance from others not in their household (2 meters / 6 feet)
- not eat or drink during their visit
- All visitors must wear a medical mask for the duration of their indoor visit. These will be supplied at the screening desk.
- Washrooms for visitors are available. Please do not use the washrooms in residents’ rooms.
- For safety reasons, visitors must stay in the resident’s room, designated visiting area or go outside for the visit. Activities are scheduled throughout the day and may take priority for rooms or space. If you have questions or need help, please use the call bell to alert staff and they will come to you.
- After your visit ends, please feel comfortable to bring your loved one to a common space on your way out. Please maintain physical distancing.
- Please be advised these are secure units to ensure the safety of our residents. We want families to be aware that some residents may follow visitors out. If a resident does follow you out and/or into the elevator, please contact a staff member.
- All offsite visits must be booked through the LPN on the resident’s neighbourhood.
- Offsite visits must follow the same provincial health guidelines for everyone else in the community. These include:
- frequent hand hygiene
- respiratory etiquette
- maintaining physical distancing where possible
- wearing a mask in indoor public settings or where physical distancing cannot be maintained
Thank you in advance for following our guidelines that will help to keep you, our residents and our staff safe.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Director of Site Support Operations
Assistant Director of Care