Social visit guidelines for families and friends
Who can be a social visitor?
- Two adults and one child (under 18) may visit a resident at one time.
How to book a visit
- Indoor and outdoor visits must be booked by 3:00 pm on the day before a visit through the Visitation Office. Call 778-431-0280 extension 68788 to book your visit.
- Visits are available every day from 10 am to 6 pm. We will schedule visits to avoid overcrowding in multi-resident rooms and support social distancing. Members of the Visitation team are available to assist you if needed.
- If you are not well and/or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please screen yourself with the BC Self-Assessment Tool, stay home, and do not visit The Views until you have recovered.
Visiting inside The Views
- Visitors will be screened upon arrival and must:
- Line up on the left and let staff enter safely on the right
- wash hands frequently and properly
- use respiratory etiquette
- physically distance from others not in their household (2 metres / 6 feet) and avoid common spaces
- not eat or drink during their visit
- All visitors must wear a medical mask for the duration of their indoor visit. These will be supplied at the screening desk.
- Washrooms for visitors are available. Please do not use the washrooms in residents’ rooms.
- For safety reasons, visitors must stay in the resident’s room, designated visiting area or go outside for the visit. Activities are scheduled throughout the day and may take priority for rooms or space. If you have questions or need help, please use the call bell to alert staff and they will come to you.
- After your visit ends, please feel comfortable to bring your loved one to a common space on your way out. Please maintain physical distancing and do not enter into the common space.
- Please be advised these are secure units to ensure the safety of our residents. We want families to be aware that some residents may follow visitors out. If a resident does follow you out and/or into the elevator, please contact a staff member.
- All visitors must leave their contact information for contact-tracing purposes.
- All visitors are required to wear a medical mask for the duration of their outdoor visits. These will be supplied at the screening desk.
- All offsite visits must be booked through the Registered Nurse (RN) on the resident’s floor. To speak with an RN, call 250-218-5670.
- Offsite visits must follow the same provincial health guidelines for everyone else in the community. These include:
- frequent hand hygiene
- respiratory etiquette
- maintaining physical distancing where possible
- wearing a mask in indoor public settings or where physical distancing cannot be maintained
Thank you in advance for following our guidelines that will help to keep you, our residents and our staff safe.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Director of Resident Lifestyles and Community Programs
Assistant Director of Care